Personal Tax Returns
A Self-Assessment is a tax return issued by HMRC after the end of the tax year (5th April). This return is a declaration of your earnings throughout the tax year and must be submitted by the 31st January the following year.
Who must complete a Self-Assessment Tax Return?
You must complete a tax return if:
- You are a director of a Limited Company
- You are Self Employed
- You are a minister, Lloyd’s name or member
- You are a trustee or personal representative or Non-resident company landlord
- You work through the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS)
- You have income from savings and investment
- Your annual income is £100,000 or more
- You receive income from land or property in the UK
- You have income from trusts, settlements and estates
- You have Capital Gains Tax to pay
- You receive income from overseas
- You or your partner receive Child Benefit and your income is over £50,000
- You need to claim expenses or reliefs
- You’ve lived or worked abroad or are not domiciled in the UK
- You’ve received a request for tax return from HMRC
First Freelance take away the hassle of self-assessment with our Tax Return service.
Keeping up to date with the latest tax legislation means completing your return can be a challenging, and you risk incurring penalties if you fail to complete your returns correctly and on time.
We can save you the hassle, time and money by handling your self-assessment for you. We will do all the necessary calculations, complete your return, and even offer advice on how you can minimise your tax liability.
We act as your agent, dealing directly with HMRC on your behalf for all matters relating to your Tax Return.
Our Basic Tax return service starts from £150 plus VAT.
This is the basic tax return service which covers the main tax return and employment schedule only.
Please contact us for further details if your tax return is complicated or you are a higher or additional taxpayer.
Landlords pay an additional £50 plus VAT per property.
How Does the First Freelance Tax Return Service Work?
- Complete our online application and we will send you an email to acknowledge receipt.
- Send us your supporting documentation as requested in the application form.
- We will assess your requirements following receipt of your information.
- If we need any further information to complete your tax return, it will be requested from you in good time.
- The completed tax return is sent to you for approval, along with an easy to follow computation of your tax position. You will be advised if and when you need to pay any tax owed.
- Your tax return is submitted via our secure electronic system to HMRC for agreement.
- You will be advised when your return is agreed and reminded of any tax to pay and when to make payment.
Important Notice :
If you have received any other documentation from HMRC, which may provide us with more information to complete your Tax Return, please forward this to us. Tax Coding Notices and Statements of Account are particularly useful. It is your responsibility to provide us with all the information requested. We cannot be responsible for information requested but not received, as this could affect the accuracy of the return. It is important that we receive all relevant documentation including your P60, P11D benefits form, statements of Interest received and pension statements, as we are unable to process your Return without these. It is important to send us all information within our required time frames to ensure we have adequate time to prepare your return, receive your approval and file the tax return on your behalf.
Leave the hassle of completing your tax return to us. To speak to someone about our tax return service, please call 0207 148 1580 and a member of our Tax team will be happy to assist!JOIN NOW